Gravity Octopus Furnace Removal & Replacement – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
If you’re one of the thousands of Twin Cities homeowners whose home was built long ago, you may have an antiquated gravity furnace in your basement. Also called octopus furnaces for their multi-duct appearance, these old home-heating systems are extremely inefficient, and cost homeowners up to 50% more in energy costs. They were originally designed to burn coal, but most have been converted to natural gas operation. What wasn’t changed, though, is their low-efficiency and poor heat distribution within your home.
Replacing your gravity furnace will instantly produce dramatic savings, and those savings will add up, year after year, to repay the cost of the removal and replacement many times over. Some of the other drawbacks of these antique octopus furnaces include:
- Asbestos Danger – All gravity furnaces contain asbestos, which was used as insulation. The hazards of asbestos to your family’s health can’t be underestimated.
- Lack of Filtration – Gravity gas furnaces have no good means of filtering the air they circulate. That means that dust, fibers, mold spores, pollen and other contaminants continuously circulate in your home, complicating your cleaning chores and increasing allergy symptoms.
- Uneven Heating – Without forced air circulation through a ductwork system, an HVAC system almost always cause uneven heating or cooling in your home. Your family’s comfort suffers during our harsh Minnesota winters and hot humid summers.
- Incompatibility with Central Air Conditioning – Unlike today’s modern forced-air heating, which is designed to handle the addition of central air conditioning, you simply can’t add a central air conditioner to without the necessary ductwork.
The service technicians pulled out two old gravity furnace units and dealt with the existing asbestos issues. They also put in two new furnace units complete with ducts and central AC for each side of a duplex residence. The job estimator Chris was easy to work with and straightforward. He told us what the home required, laid out several possibilities, and gave a personal recommendation as to what would likely be the most beneficial system for us. The installation crew was on time and did everything promised in a workmanlike manner. There are plenty of things I’d rather use my cash for than heating and air conditioning, but this heating company made me feel a lot better about it. I feel confident I got my money’s worth and dealt with some real pros who take pride in doing a good job. – Todd from Minneapolis, MN
Minnesota Gravity Furnace Replacement Contractor – Minneapolis St. Paul
Having served the Twin Cities for over two decades, we have replaced thousands of obsolete gravity furnaces throughout the metro area. We understand the problems with these antiquated heating systems, and have installed high-efficiency replacement furnaces for many homeowners. Most heating contractors won’t even do these jobs, but we specialize in them. It can be a complex job, for many reasons, but we understand how to do the replacement in the most efficient affordable way possible. Most replacements take about a week to complete. Here’s what a typical gravity furnace removal and replacement job includes:
- Permit Arrangements – Our fully licensed heating company will handle all required permits for the job and will schedule inspections. There’s nothing you need to do.
- Asbestos Removal – A licensed asbestos abatement contractor will remove all asbestos and test your home to make sure it’s all gone.
- Gravity Furnace Removal – Our removal and installation crew will completely remove your octopus furnace and all of its ductwork.
- Ductwork Installation – A new, unified ductwork system will be installed, usually connecting to your existing registers. Our well-trained, experienced technicians will solve all problems and route the newly installed air ducts to all your rooms.
- New Installation – We will install the high-efficiency furnace of your choice. The better fuel efficiency will cut your heating bills in half. During the installation, your heat will only be off for a few hours, in most cases. We can add central air conditioning at the same time, if you like, for even more home comfort.
- Total Cleanup – When installation is complete, we’ll clean up every speck of the mess that’s naturally created with a big job like this.
Affordable Cost of Gravity Furnace Replacement
In today’s energy-conscious society, there are many programs that can help you save even more by replacing your old, inefficient gravity gas-heating system. Energy companies have rebate programs to help defray the cost of your new furnace. Your new high-efficiency HVAC system may qualify for manufacturer rebates, like the Carrier Cool Cash program. Even more savings may be available if you also install central air conditioning at the same time. As a Factory Authorized Carrier Dealer, we get volume discounts from the manufacturer and we pass along the savings to you. We also can help you get low-rates financing options offered through Carrier. Give us a call and one of our Minnesota heating company’s consultants will explain all the ways that you can save money. We will be glad to provide you an in-home estimate on how much it will cost to remove and replace your octopus furnace and upgrade it to a forced-air system.
Minneapolis St. Paul Gravity Furnace Replacement Contractor
Don’t go through another year of low-efficiency, uneven heat from your obsolete octopus furnace. Call our Minnesota HVAC company today. One of our experienced, professional heating and air conditioning consultants will visit your home and assess your HVAC system. Then, we’ll come up with a plan, show you all of your options and prices, and provide an accurate estimate for the complete job. You need our long experience with these sometimes-difficult replacements. We can replace your gravity furnace at any time of year. In our two decades of service to the Twin Cities, we’ve encountered almost every type of installation, and are the experts. Contact us soon and let us help you have the most comfortable older home in your neighborhood.