Gravity Octopus Furnace Removal & Replacement – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
If you’re one of the thousands of Minneapolis St. Paul homeowners whose home was built long ago, you may have an antiquated gravity furnace in your basement. Also called octopus furnaces for their multi-duct appearance, these old furnaces are extremely inefficient, and cost homeowners up to 50% more in energy costs. They were originally designed to burn coal, but most have been converted to natural gas operation. What wasn’t changed, though, is their low-efficiency and poor heat distribution within your home.
Replacing your gravity furnace will instantly produce dramatic savings, and those savings will add up, year after year, to repay the cost of removing and replacing the octopus or gravity furnace many times over. Some of the other drawbacks of these antique furnaces include:
- Asbestos Danger – All gravity or octopus furnaces contain asbestos, which was used as insulation. The hazards of asbestos to your family’s health can’t be underestimated.
- Lack of Filtration – Gravity furnaces have no good means of filtering the air they circulate. That means that dust, fibers, mold spores, pollen and other contaminants continuously circulate in your home, complicating your cleaning chores and increasing allergy symptoms.
- Uneven Heating – Without forced air circulation through a ductwork system, octopus furnaces almost always cause uneven heating in your home. Your family’s comfort suffers during our harsh Minnesota winters.
- Incompatibility with Central Air Conditioning – Unlike today’s modern forced-air heating, which is designed to handle the addition of central air conditioning, you simply can’t add central air conditioning to a gravity or octopus furnace.
Minnesota Gravity Furnace Replacement Contractor – Minneapolis St. Paul
Our furnace company has replaced thousands of these obsolete gravity furnaces, throughout the Minneapolis St. Paul metro area, in its two decades of business. We understand the problems with these furnaces, and have created and installed replacement furnaces for many homeowners. Some heating companies won’t even do these jobs, but we specialize in octopus or gravity furnace removal and replacement. It can be a complex job, for many reasons, but we understand how to do the replacement in the most efficient affordable way possible. Most replacements take about a week to complete. Here’s what a typical gravity furnace replacement includes:
- Permit Arrangements – Our heating company will handle all required permits for the job and will schedule inspections. There’s nothing you need to do.
- Asbestos Removal – A licensed asbestos abatement contractor will remove all asbestos and test your home to make sure it’s all gone.
- Gravity Furnace Removal – Our furnace removal and installation crew will completely remove your octopus furnace and all of its ductwork.
- Ductwork Installation – A new, unified ductwork system will be installed, usually connecting to your existing registers. Our well-trained, experienced technicians will solve all problems and route the newly installed air ducts to all your rooms.
- Furnace Installation – We will install the high-efficiency furnace of your choice, a furnace that will cut your heating bills in half. Your heat will only be off for a few hours, in most cases. We can add central air conditioning at the same time, if you like, for even more home comfort.
- Total Cleanup – When installation is complete, we’ll clean up every speck of the mess that’s naturally created with a big job like this.
Gravity Furnace Replacement Means Even More Savings
In today’s energy-conscious society, there are many programs that can help you save even more by replacing your old, inefficient gravity or octopus furnace. Energy companies have rebate programs to help defray the cost of your new furnace. Your new high efficiency furnace may qualify for manufacturer rebates, like the Carrier Cool Cash program. Even more savings may be available if you also install central air conditioning at the same time. Because our company is a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, we get volume discounts from the manufacturer and we pass along the savings to you. We also can help you get low-rates financing options offered through Carrier. Give us a call and one of our Twin Cities Furnace consultants will explain all the ways that you can save money. We will be glad to provide you an in-home estimate on how much it costs to remove and replace your octopus furnace and upgrade it to a forced-air system.
Minneapolis St. Paul Gravity Furnace Replacement Company
Don’t go through another year of low-efficiency, uneven heat from your obsolete octopus furnace. Call our Minnesota heating company today. One of our experienced, professional heating and air conditioning consultants will visit your home and assess your heating system. Then, we’ll come up with a plan, show you all of your options, and provide a solid estimate for the complete job. You need our long experience with these sometimes-difficult replacements. We can replace your gravity or octopus furnace at any time of year. In our two decades of service to the Twin Cities, we’ve encountered almost every type of installation, and are experts at gravity furnace replacement. Contact us soon and let us help you have the most comfortable older home in your neighborhood.