Carrier vs Lennox Gas Furnaces
When Minnesota homeowners think about residential gas furnaces, two brands come to mind first for most people. Carrier and Lennox are the most widely recognized manufacturers of home comfort products in the United States. Both companies have earned strong reputations for outstanding engineering and reliability over the years, and both offer a wide range of models that can fit into most homeowners’ budgets and meet their expectations. Both companies also manufacture some of the highest-efficiency furnaces available anywhere. So, it’s no wonder that people often compare these two brands when they’re thinking about a new or replacement furnace for their homes.
As the leading residential heating and air conditioning contractor in the Twin Cities metro area, we want you to have the objective facts about these two famous brands. Below, you’ll find them compared for every important factor you should consider before making your decision of which brand to choose.
Carrier and Lennox Gas Furnaces Share Many Similarities
Both manufacturers began manufacturing residential heating products over 100 years ago, and have been continuously making a wide range of forced-air natural gas furnaces and other home comfort products ever since. They’re comparable in price and flexibility. They also share many features that are commonly found in all modern home-heating equipment.
- Price Range – Affordable to premium-priced.
- Heat Exchanger Warranty – 20-year to lifetime, depending on model.
- Control Systems: Basic to computerized programmable.
- Pilot Free – Yes on all models.
- Variable Speed Blower – Some models have this feature.
- Energy Star Rated – All high-efficiency models with 90%+ AFUE.
- Eligible for Utility Rebates All 90%+ AFUE models.
- Heat Pump Compatible – Yes.
Differences between Lennox and Carrier Furnaces
The products from these 2 top manufacturers have the following differences.
- Model Lines – Carrier makes four product lines: Base, Comfort, Performance and Infinity Series. Lennox manufactures three product lines: Merit, Elite and Dave Lennox Signature Series.
- AFUE Efficiency – Carrier: 80% to 96.6% AFUE, Lennox: 80% – 98.2% AFUE.
- Manufacturer Supported Financing – Only through Carrier Factory Authorized Dealers.
- Parts Warranty – Carrier: 10 years on all models. Lennox: 5 years on Merit and Elite models, and 10 years on Dave Lennox Signature Models.
- Extended Warranty Available – Yes, through Carrier Authorized Dealers.
You won’t go wrong by choosing either brand. When the differences between the two leading brands are minor, the more important factor is the company that you choose for sales, installation and support. By choosing the right contractor, you will get the right product that matches your home’s heating requirements, a good discount price, fast and correct installation, and ongoing support after the sale. Through choosing a reputable dealer, you will also receive rebates from the factory and energy companies, including Xcel and CenterPoint Energy.
Top-Rated Residential HVAC Contractor Based in Minneapolis, MN
As a leader in residential heating and air conditioning sales, installation and service, we are always happy to assist our customers in choosing exactly the right equipment for their home heating needs. In our free, no-obligation consultations, we present a full range of options, with all-inclusive, competitive price quotes so customers can make the best decisions for their home and budget. Instead of high-pressure sales tactics that some contractors use, we give you the objective information you need, answer all of your questions and leave the important decision up to you. Our experience, factory trained installation team will get your new system installed and running, efficiently and properly. Call us today to schedule an appointment.